|
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Singapore Fashion Week
Singapore Fashion Week, April 24th to April 2nd...
Juli's Fashion Week start from the 25th April (The every next day she got back from HK) and ends on the April 1st. Heres her schedule:
25th April 12.00pm: G-Star Show @ The Tent Doorgift: Style Mag and A bottle of Coke Light ahem.. Juli's VERY FIRST PERSONAL INVITE.. VIP entry somemore... hahaha... have to go ah... know the MarCom pple, she kind of helped me in certain ways lah, indirectly intro some Fashion Journalist, and G-Star is like, many "Fashionista" will be there.. Good place to lay contacts.. And also the only event I can sort of "be myself".. Guests are mostly our age.. and less formal.. easier to mingle around... And of course, Juli's PR not bad one.. bought a pair of their New Arrival 3/4 (its damm nice and comfortable) one day before I left for HK.. Juli very thick-skin, sms that MarCom to ASK FOR DISCOUNT (see, learnt the way to survive in this FASHION Industry- not bad lor, got 20% leh)
3.00pm: B.O.B Best of British (Trunk Show) Actually its by one of our supplier lah, having a "buying exhibition" in one of the suite in Raffles The Plaza... Cool Stuffs! So damm tempted to buy.. And some of the stuffs are there for sale ya.. Angie Neo, you will go crazy there.. Imagine, British Labels.. Arghhhh.. But price tags are on the higher side ya.. So, practice some restraint here...
6.00pm: Supposed to attend a show in Raffles City featuring British Labels.. but turned down the invites.. Cause having STEAMBOAT DINNER with my Animal Kingdom.. Nothing is more impt then having dinner with them, especially when great efforts was put into it..
26th April 8.00pm: Ashley Isham @ The Tent Doorgift: Harpers Bazaar and A bottle of Coke Light A Singaporean Designer based in London.. His dresses are fab... Guess you'll feel like some glamour puss and superstar if you gets to wear his dress... His cuts are good, showing the silhoutes of a lady.. Fits well.. Brings out the feminine side of a Lady.. Looking at his collection, I was thinking in my heart, if I've got the money, I'm going to wear his evening dress for my wedding! hahaha...
The production of the show is not too bad, the music, the ambience, the mood, the cheographer.. Enjoyable!
27th April 8.00pm: All dressed Up @ The Tent Doorgift: Nothing Sven Tan - Our first local designer to gone this far.. Erm, he actually taught my class for one module, learnt quite alot that term. Infact, why I am now working for Tyan is also indirectly because of him ya..
Alot of hoo-haa over his show, but seriously, sad to say.. Nothing fanatasic. In-hse Fashion Show brought onto the big runway, just image, beautiful models in beautiful clothes, but slow paced, french music, one by one.. how interesting can it be huh.. Enuff said.. disappointed lah..
28th April 8.00pm: Mercedes Benz - Asia Fashion Award @ Zouk Doorgift: A Tote bag, Redken Shampoo + Conditioner (Travel Size) + Comb Winner not as expected.. Not too bad.. Cant reveal too much..
29th April 8.00pm: Lancome Show - featuring Fedrrick Lee, Francis Cheong, Posse and Yang Derong @ The Tent Doorgift: A bottle of Lancome Miracle Perfume 50ml (hahaha) Great Show! The Best for all I've been to.. The production is good, great music, great choegrapher.. Interesting! Tangs window is actually displaying Yang Derong's collection..
30th April - Supposed to attend some exhibition @ Red Dot Museum, lazy......
31st April 8.00pm: JPG, Kenzo, Givency - ICON Mag @ Paragaon Doorgifts: Perfume from either one of the brands (Got Kenzo: Voodoolove, cute ya) Bad... The collection were kind of "off" only the JPG was better... Music was bad... Stage was cool though.. and nice mocktails.. but, it was a boring show...
1st April 8.00pm: Diane Von Furstang @ The tent Doorgifts: Sleeveless Tank Top The PR management was bad... "Playing themselves out".. And what happened? You will have angry guests like me who refuse to watch the show.. There are 2 entrance, one for the VIP and one for the regular guests.. Pple from IMG actually stopped my guests at the door, claiming that I didnt RSVP with them.. Ridculous! I did that for like days ago ya.. But because I had invites, the guests cld join the queue and "queue" to get it there.. Its not like we were pampered or sth, or that the cocktails were like fantantsic. Its about the embarassement lor... Dunnoe how to explain.. Was about to leave when another PR Co. called to usher ALL of us in.. Show was alright lah... Nice dresses! Love the RED Patent LIPS Purse! Gonna check out the price!
SFW, a week where all in the fashion industry gets busy.. And my friend just coined a new term to describe these pple - "Plastic" is what we call them... hahaha.. And I realised how "useful" it is to be FAMOUS and KNOWN ya.. For the Lancome Show, cause I dunch have enough invites to bring pple in.. I dragged my boss along.. haha.. Cause she dunch need to show invites you see, pple recognize her, personally ushered in somemore.. hahaha...) But sorry ya.. Ju is just mute at 8.00pm... SMile is the only thing I know.. And I hate those "kisses".. Arghhhh.. I stop pple from doing that, stretch out your arm and "ask" for a handshake instead, yesh, much preferred... I'm still no where there to be remembered ya.. The most.. Oh, that girl working for Mrs Tan, working in Tyan... Not a bad start though.. By the way, its only my second year, offically in this Industry..
Cant be believed, I used to long for this kind of lifestyle.. I used to looking forward to attending shows.. Guess once you have it, you get sick if it.. Especially when you seen the "real" side of it.. Disgusting.. But I am happy this year.. Seen my classmates and schoolmates around in shows.. Difficult to describe, but its a nice feeling to know that "friends" are coming in... Everyone is doing sth, everyone is at least somewhere.. I am waiting for more.. patiently.. I will also slowly climb my way up... To one day, get recognized without being asked.. That One day.....
Yesh Yesh, fashion week has officially ended.. But more shows on the way... Everyone is having their full S/S collection this time..
4th April 8.00pm: Woods and Woods @ Red Dot Museum Doorgifts: Press Book, put together nicely. Actually pictures from the "Intro Video" before the show starts.. Fast, fast pace.. Cool Music, have very good system ya.. The whole presentation is more edgy.. different from the norm show.. Models are mostly "hunted", makeup is very pale and nude.. Hair is mild out of bed look... Cool! Stands out from the shows seen last week... But the label itself is different ya.. Its more "avant gand" as compared to the local brands we seen... Guess what.. David Gan went to the show.. hmmm... i didnt see him appearing last week ya.. hahaha...
posted by Elephant on 10:24 PM
|